PECO Cross Country League (2014-15): Relays (Pendas Fields / Barnbow Wood)
Race Date: Sunday 15th March 2015
Race Times & Distances:
Junior XC Relay (School Year 4 - 12): 10.00am, 1.3 mile approx. per leg
Senior XC Relay (men & women 15 and over*): 11.00am, 3.1 miles approx. per leg
* Age groups for all races in the season are based on age on 30/11/14
Race Location: The race will take place in Pendas Fields & Barnbow Wood (located near Barnbow Social Club, Old Manston Lane, Leeds, LS15 8AD).
Registration: The race HQ will located in the function room at Barnbow Social Club. Registration will be from 9.00am – 9.45am for juniors, 10.00 – 10.45am for seniors.
Car Parking: Car parking is available at the test track, alongside Barnbow Social Club. Please don’t use the Social Club car park unless directed by a marshal: we need to ensure that sufficient parking is kept available for other patrons of the Social Club. With the numbers attending our races now, car parking is becoming a major issue: please ‘car share’ if possible!
Juniors: There will be prizes for the first boys, girls and mixed teams comprised of 3 runners including at least one Year 4 - 6 and one Year 7 - 9. Ad hoc teams not conforming to these rules are very welcome to take part.
- League representative teams will be selected in the following age categories: M & F Open, M & F Vet 40+, M & F Vet 50+
- Each club is encouraged to enter a single representative team comprising at least one female and at least one Vet 40+ (and no more than one male under the age of 40)
- Other teams, in the following categories, are very welcome take part: M & F Open, M & F Vet 40+, M & F Vet 50+. Ad Hoc teams are also welcome.
The Course: See course maps below.
The course is suitable for spikes* (unless it is frozen), studs or trail shoes (unless it is very muddy). It is undulating, with several short ascents and descents. There are some tight turns, some narrow sections and the main hazard underfoot is tree roots.
The Senior course will consist of 1 lap of the route shown in orange on the map.
The Junior 1 Mile course will consist of 1 lap of the route shown in purple on the map.
* There are a few short ‘rocky’ sections on the course, and a concrete bridge to cross: please be aware if this if you are considering wearing spikes!
After The Race: Changing facilities, results and food will be available at Barnbow Social Club. The PECO XC League Presentations will follow the Relay Presentations. These will start with the Junior Presentations at 1.30pm, and conclude with the Senior Presentations from 2.00pm onwards.
Any Questions: If you need any further information, e-mail Mark Hetherington at email@example.com
Mark Hetherington (24th February 2014)